The Map
The Map
If I could draw a map of me,
For you, the blues, the evergreens,
The reds, the rage, the what has been,
The winding rivers rapids deep,
Plumbing depths through tangled reeds,
Reveal the inner parts of me,
For you, the truths,
The whispered words,
Through waterfalls
The crash
The roar;
They went unheard
But fell down deep to ocean’s floor,
The crash
The roar
The nevermore.
But,
Livid lava vivid
Bubbles up to scarlet skies
The anger deeply crimson
Cutting paths through wounded pride
I hide wild unharnessed places
Uncaressed by man’s cruel hand
Uninhabitable spaces
Deep within my hinterland.
This map of me you helped to draw,
That crash
That roar
I felt it raw
Your crash,
Your roar,
My earth laid scorched;
I kept the score,
Then locked that door.
No crash,
No roar,
Not evermore.
Written by Mel White 2026
Comments
Post a Comment