No (coffee) Filters
On the theme of "no filter", a slightly different offering...
No (coffee) Filters
My alarm clock gracefully arcs through the air,
And lands with the grace of a brick to the head,
I’m still here in bed,
‘Cause my battery’s dead.
Still cursing my luck crawling out of my pit,
Trawling the floor for a clean pair of knicks,
But of course, there’s none there,
So I grab the old pair.
A frenzy of hunting, a half clean cream blouse,
Found in a heap with some semi-clean trousers,
Bra nestled beneath,
Great. Now for my teeth..
Skipping the brush toothpaste flies overhead,
Frozen, I follow its stripy descent,
I can’t look away -though still hope it’s not true-
But yes, my cream blouse now sports red white and blue.
Raising my eyes to the heavens I pray,
Caffeine will help me to get through this day,
In my newly hued blouse (fetching red white and blue),
I fish for the coffee, fresh ground from Peru.
Optimistically thinking with one decent cup,
I can reset the day,
I can be on the up!
But then: “Hell! No! Say it’s not so!”,
But I search high and low and it’s still a no-go;
No filters to find
So no quality brew
Just crappy freeze-dried,
And my red white and blue.
Written by Mel White 2026
Comments
Post a Comment