No Filter

                                                                    


No Filter


You may think they have no filter,

-And that's where danger lies-

But it's a purposeful agenda,

That drives these great divides,

Expertly crafted 

Multi-drafted

Precision engineered,

They bury facts and choke out truths,

To play upon your fears.


They use the media for their spin,

As they're casting you a line,

You take the bait, swallow it in,

But it's venom dressed as wine...

Or perhaps a pint of ale or beer?

Whatever poison suits

For they'll feed you what you want to hear,

'Til their toxic tales take root.


Locked and loaded rhetoric,

They weaponise your pain,

Reductionist revisionists,

They call for "pure, cold rage",

This charismatic call to arms,

You passively accept,

Mind filled up with made up harms,

No room to self-reflect.


They confuse with their illusions,

As they magic up their "facts",

They'll collude in your delusions,

"Prove" them with their hand-picked stats.


So beware these charming salesmen,

They know just what they sell,

Your soul the price of magic beans,

Which grow the road to hell.


Written by Mel White 2026.


Comments

  1. I love this one ( you knew I would!). So cleverly woven - ‘mind filled up with made up harms’ what a delicious line!! Brilliant rhythm throughout. One of your best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may have had a teeny tiny inkling that you might (possibly, perhaps) appreciate the sentiment!
      The obvious, ahem, "Inspiration" for this particular piece is a source that I fear will just keep on giving and giving and..giving. I will be taking full advantage of this generosity - surely *somebody* should be benefiting from such shithousery!

      I know you know that I appreciate you. Your advice and support is priceless, yet you give it freely and it is always golden. Thanks, Chris. I really can't thank you enough. As my nephew would say: "best teacher EVER"!
      xXx



      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Map

Random Words